I love progress

I love those days where you can really see that you're making headway.  Monday night I was at MMA class and we did a lot of strength work.  I was rocking the pushups, which is a HUGE accomplishment for me.  I wasn't able to do a single one when I started a few months ago. 

After that, we spent some time on the heavy bag, which I love.  There's something really satisfying about throwing some good kicks and punches.  I ended up bruising the top of my foot, which was entirely my own fault for using bad form.  That's a lesson that you remember though, and it won't happen again. 

Lastly we did some ground and pound grappling.  I'm really surprised at how much I enjoy it, and how much of a workout it really is.  Right now, I'm pretty slow, but I'm strong, so I do better on the ground than stand up sparring.  Hopefully with practice (and weight loss) I'll get speedier. 

When I first started, a class like this would have been killer.  And the next day would have been even worse.  Now I'm loving it the whole time, and while I'm a little sore the next day, it's nothing that renders me immoblie like it used to :)  Yay for progress!

Comments

  1. It sounds awesome! Great to see you have so much enthusiasm for it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You amaze me. Seriously. Have they contacted you yet to play the lead role in the new "Wonderwoman" movie yet? I want to be like you when I grow up my friend!! ;)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts