Role Model



This past weekend I rode my first 50-miler.  I'm super pumped about it, because I wasn't planning on getting to 50 until later in the summer.  I have a pie-in-the-sky goal of doing a century this year in October, so getting a 50 knocked out makes it seem more achievable.  And I really felt pretty good.  My legs held up well, and I didn't suffer afterward.  My neck & back hurt, but that's pretty standard for a 4 hour bike ride.

I've been posting my adventures in Instagram with various hashtags, and have been getting some interesting comments.  Today, a girl commented on one of my posts, and referred to me as a #plussizecycling role model.  This kind of got me thinking.  I love that people look at me and think, "If she can do it, so can I".  Being defined as "plus size" doesn't bother me, but I guess I hope someday I can just be a #cycling role model.

Comments

Popular Posts